063. Community & Innovation in Yoga - Podcast Season 2 Recap & What’s Next
In this Season 2 finale, Amber and Jivana discuss:
Their lives and current challenges
How our activism and practice is showing up for us in this moment
Amber’s bike reels on instagram
Themes from Season 2:
062. Yoga & Pelvic Health with Shannon Crow
Shannon Crow is the host of The Connected Yoga Teacher podcast and a consultant for yoga teachers. She shares what she has learned (and continues to learn) as a yoga entrepreneur. She’s also the founder of Pelvic...
061. American Detox: The Myth of Wellness and How We Can Truly Heal with Kerri Kelly
A community organizer, wellness activist and author of the book American Detox: The Myth of Wellness and How We Can Truly Heal, Kerri is recognized across communities for her work to bridge transformational practice...
060. Trusting the Yoga with Matthew Sanford
Matthew Sanford is an expert in the process of transformation through the healing power of yoga. Paralyzed from the chest down at age thirteen and beginning yoga at age twenty-five, Matthew knows firsthand the...
059. Sharing Power and Finding Individuality Within Community
In this episode, Amber and Jivana discuss:
How Accessible Yoga is often misused to make us fit in rather than to celebrate our differences and individuality
How ableism prevents folks from being seen in our...
058. Disrupting Anti-Blackness in Communities of Color with Cindu Thomas-George
Cindu Thomas-George is the Founder and Principal Trainer of Shakti Diversity and Equity Training. As a DEI practitioner, she designs and facilitates professional development experiences that promote equity, inclusion,...
057. Trauma & Yoga with Nityda Gessel
Content warning: disordered eating, sexual trauma
Nityda Gessel (she/her), LCSW, E-RYT, is a mother, licensed somatic psychotherapist, trauma specialist, yoga educator, speaker, author, and heart-centered activist,...
056. Yoga Teaching as a Practice
In episode 56, Jivana and Amber discuss practical ways we can embody the yoga teachings’ concepts in the way that we teach. They explore three themes from the yoga teachings (atman, non-attachment, and brahmacharya)...
055. Collaborating with Neurodivergent & Disabled Folks in Yoga Communities with Laura Sharkey
In episode 55, Amber interviews Laura Sharkey, an autistic meditation teacher and social justice activist. They speak about their experience of ableism and other forms of oppression that are present in many yoga...
054. The Yoga Sutras with Nischala Joy Devi
NISCHALA JOY DEVI is a masterful teacher and healer. For many years she has been highly respected as an international advocate for her innovative way of expressing Yoga and its subtle uses for spiritual growth and...
053. Yoga Revolution Replay with Octavia Raheem
This episode is a replay of a conversation between Jivana Heyman and Octavia Raheem on Jivana's podcast, Yoga Revolution.
This week’s guest, Octavia Raheem, teaches us to slow down, prioritize rest, and honor our...
052. Yoga & Self-Care for Women of Color with Maya Breuer
In episode 52, Amber interviews Maya Breuer, yoga teacher, community activist, and Yoga Alliance’s Vice President of Cross-Cultural Advancement. She shares about the work Yoga Alliance is doing for teachers working in...