How to start a fundraiser on Facebook
You can start a fundraiser on Facebook from your mobile or desktop.
Once you have logged in to your Facebook profile:
- On mobile – tap ‘menu’ in the bottom right hand corner of your newsfeed, scroll down to ‘community resources’ and select ‘fundraisers’.
- On desktop – select ‘fundraisers’ from the menu bar, sat to the left of your newsfeed.
From here, the process is the same on all devices.
Simply tap ‘raise money’ and select ‘charity’ when prompted on the next screen.
Type and select Accessible Yoga as your chosen charity. When starting a charity fundraiser on Facebook, 100% of the money raised will go to your chosen charity.
Now you can enter all the important details:
- how much you wish to raise
- when you want your fundraiser to end
- and if you wish, a short paragraph about why you’ve created your Facebook fundraiser.
Feel free to use this text if you like:
“I am taking part in the #AccessibleYogaUnchallenge2023 to help me start moving in a way that sustainable and accessible for me, as well as learning about practices that are more than just the body. I’ve struggled to get motivated to find a way to move consistently and practice self-care towards myself, so I’d really appreciate it if you could cheer me on as I do this.
I’m fundraising for Accessible Yoga, which a non-profit dedicated to ensuring yoga is accessible to people from all walks of life.
Please sponsor me to take this UNchallenge and help me include some sustainable practices in my life that will help me in the year ahead, and help me to fundraise too! Any donation amount is welcome. Thank you!”
You can also add a name and cover photo.
Once you click ‘create’ you will see a message congratulating you on setting up your fundraiser.
Now you can invite your friends and family to donate and share your fundraiser in your News Feed.